Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Give Me “De” Motivation

I have a couple projects in the works at home that need to be finished and honestly they have been in the works for quite some time. Honestly, I have no interest in doing them, just don't feel like it. And to be honest, I haven't felt like doing them for a long time. Generally, that's the way I am with stuff that I don't necessarily care to do. I don't feel like doing it, so I don't.


 

We had recently prayed for God to motivate our daughter to take care of some things she needed to do and she took care of them. Answer to prayer! So knowing that I have stuff that needs to get done, I thought maybe God would be a good place to turn for motivation, right? "In everything, through prayer and petition…" right? (Phil 4:6) So I began asking God for motivation to start taking care of some things I know need to be done. And of course I was hoping God would make me "feel" like getting to work!


 

Well the answer was not even close to what I wanted to hear. Sometimes motivation means taking care of business because you know it's the right thing to do. You may not feel like doing it, but it needs done and you know it!


 

The truth be told, now I'm feeling a bit more de-motivated! But nevertheless, I better get to it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment